The English Language

Posted by Bane Rowe | 8.4.08 | | 0 comments »

It's quite funny how a foreign language can be twisted and used differently from what one wants to convey. Maybe that's why I get such a kick out of the Swedish chef. But then again, I guess that's how english is to some people. At any rate, just in case no one has visited the site yet, there's a site called engrish.com that posts hilarious pictures of things that exemplify just what I meant. It is not a new site. In fact, it has been going on since the mid-nineties...I think. Anyway, the site basically is a collection of pictures either taken by the webmaster or sent in by travellers/tourists in countries where english is not widely spoken. Had a bad day? Did too many stuff at work? Problems creeping up? Well, the more I invite everyone to go and visit the site. Go ahead and have yourself a good laugh. The pictures really are funny. They are the kind that elicits a fuzzy feeling where you ask yourself - WTH??? Case in point:

Would you send your child to learn from a teacher using this?

umm...don't buy for the wife...but may have some use for daughters...

How should you respond to this? Thanks?

What? It never occurred to me that it was in Taiwan.

Well, anyway,at least they have such toilets there.

Hahahaha. The site's hilarious! Oh boy! It has been so long since I've gone to the site. I had such a fun time revisiting this site and it sure made my day. Have a go too!

Digg this

0 comments